Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Georgian Film "Fesvebi"




A film “Fesvebi”  (roots) is about a young man who, unwittingly, was far from the homeland, from the roots. But time does not help him forget about his home…

If you want something to touch your soul deeply, something that will remind you about your motherland and warm feelings from your childhood, presumably forgotten but firmly embedded somewhere in your memories, then this is the right movie. Every time I watch it or tell a friend this story, I have tears in my eyes, and I think it won't leave you without any impression as well. It's about those unresolved and forever-alive problems connected with motherland and identity. And the final scene brings a lot to think about... Unfortunately the young actor (grandson) was killed in a stupid civil war in Georgia, and this fact just shakes my nerves when I think about it. He was an excellent actor!    

Watch and enjoy this marvelous work of Georgian Cinema:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqPDkwVa9o



3 comments:

  1. Do you have an idea of how I could watch this movie in French or in English? I don't speak Georgian neither Russian... Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete